Wednesday 4 March 2009

Pardon me while I take my foot out of my mouth . . .

I am embarrassed and rightly so.

A few days ago, February 25 to be exact, I published a blog brazenly accusing the Weekender (a weekend newspaper related to Business Day) of not publishing a letter I had written in response to an article by one of their columnists. I was wrong. I have just learned that they have in fact published that letter in their edition of January 31.

See for yourself: http://www.businessday.co.za/Articles/TarkArticle.aspx?ID=3478199

I hereby unreservedly apologise to the Weekender for wrongfully accusing them of not publishing the letter concerned albeit that I never received an acknowledgement of the letter. I concede that I am not owed such an acknowledgement. I should have checked with them prior to making the statements that I made in my post of February 25. I expect the media to be thourough in verifying their statements and I owe them nothing less than the same rigour when I make statement about them.

I trust my apology will be accepted and taken whence it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment